For most people, the growth of wisdom teeth is extremely distressful – it feels like party crashers showing up late and playing a spoilsport in a wonderful party!
While our jaws are naturally designed to accommodate 28-30 teeth, sometimes they are too small with no room for the wisdom teeth to come through properly.
Under such circumstances, the pain could be extremely numbing and unbearable. Moreover, it may cause a myriad of dental problems.
Address the issue before it gets too big, call Box Hill North Dental for efficient wisdom teeth removal.
Simple and Hassle-free Wisdom Teeth Removal
At Box Hill North Dental, our dental healthcare specialist are adept at handling complex cases like impacted wisdom teeth, dry sockets and more. Besides, we also monitor your child’s dental health to identify signs of future troubles due to over-grown wisdom teeth.
Why Dentists Consider Extract the Wisdom Teeth?
An unattended wisdom tooth can pose serious problems like:
- Erosion Cavity – A wisdom tooth pushing the neighbouring molar too hard causes severe infection.
- Cysts – Cyst formation due to an unremoved wisdom tooth can damage the bone and damage other healthy teeth.
- Infection – When an impacted wisdom tooth pushes through the gum, it can cause infection around the top of the tooth.
Symptoms of Wisdom Teeth Infection
- Inflaming and red gum near the wisdom tooth
- Swollen gums
- Mind-numbing and throbbing toothache
- Pus oozing gum
- Sore lymph nodes under the jaw
- Bad breath